Grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Apples
paired with Chateau Cantelaudette Graves de Vayeres 2011
FEATURED WINE OF THE MONTH
Only $12.74/bottle through the entire month of May!
Its (finally!) time to fire up the grill! This easy recipe is a crowd-pleaser & especially tasty with this awesome white Bordeaux!
Four – 1” Thick bone in Pork Chops
1 Sprig of Rosemary
Juice of 1 Lemon
¼ cup of Olive Oil
3-4 Granny Smith Apples - halved, pealed, and cored
1. Pull the leaves off of the rosemary sprig
2. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and rosemary with salt and pepper
3. Place the chops in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinade for at least an hour.
4. Preheat your grill on high
5. Place the pork chops on the grill, flip every 3-4 minutes 4 times for a 12-16 minute cooking time depending on the chop thickness for a medium doneness
6. At the same time drizzle the apples with a little extra virgin olive oil, and place flat side down on the grill
7. Cook until softened
8. Remove the pork and place on a platter, and allow the chops to rest for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the apples and slice the cooked apples and place atop the pork chops.