Crab Cakes With a Lemon Remoulade
with Font Mars Picpoul De Pinet 2012
FEATURED WINE OF THE MONTH
Only $10.19/bottle through the entire month of July!
1 Pound Lump Crab – picked clean
½ Cup Mayonnaise
20 Ritz Crackers – Pulsed in a food Processor
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
½ Tsp Hot Sauce (Optional)
1 Large Egg Beaten
Flour for Dusting
Olive Oil for Sautéing
1 Cup Mayonnaise
Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tsp Paprika
Remoulade: combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir together and chill
1. In a bowl, combine the Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Mayonnaise, Hot Sauce, and Egg
2. Add the Lump Crab Meat
3. Add the crushed Ritz Crackers and slowly combine all ingredients, careful not to shred the crab meat.
4. Portion out your crab cakes into your desired size
5. Place the flour in a shallow baking pan, and add the crab cakes to the flour to lightly dust
6. In a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan sauté the crab cakes over medium heat in olive oil until golden brown 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Serve immediately with the remoulade sauce, and garnish with lemons.