Awesome Pork Bolognese
with Ciacci Piccolomini Rosso di Montalcino 2010
Only $20.39/bottle through June 30th!
2 Pounds Ground Pork
3 Slices of Bacon or Pancetta - cubed
1 Large Onion fine diced
2 Carrots fine diced
3 Cloves Garlic – smashed and diced
1 Small Can Tomato Paste
1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes (29oz)
1 Large Can Tomato Puree (29oz)
2 Cups Dry Red Wine
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 ½ tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese to Garnish
1. In a large heavy bottom saucepot, place the bacon in and turn to a medium high heat, and cook until fat is rendered.
2. Add the Onions and Carrots and cook until Onions are translucent.
3. Add the ground Pork and the Garlic, cook until the pork is cooked through and is beginning to brown.
4. Add the Red Wine, Crushed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes, and Tomato Paste.
5. Reduce heat to simmer
6. Add nutmeg and milk
7. Salt and pepper to taste
8. Simmer for at least 2 hours stirring occasionally
9. Adjust seasoning
10. Serve with your favorite pasta or gnocchi
It’s even better if simmered, cooled and refrigerated and warmed up the next day!
Take a peak at a few other great bottles of 2010 Rosso di Montalcino!
"2010 is the next great vintage for Montalcino...the best 2010s are fabulous wines that deserve serious attention." -Antonio Galloni, The Wine Advocate